Out of school: A critical time
- 1 out of 4 kids leave school every day with no place to go. They risk being unsupervised, unguided and unsafe.
- Each summer, hundreds of our kids lack access to summer learning programs. Underserved children from low-income communities experience a dramatic learning loss and begin their next school year at a significant disadvantage.
- Research shows that what happens during out of school time can have a significant impact on reversing the negative trends facing our youth and our county, specifically youth dropout rates, obesity and violence.
- These hours serve as the essential link between school and home, offering the greatest opportunity to influence the future of our kids,our communities and our country.
- We seek to ensure that all kids, especially those who need us most, have a positive and enriching experience when the school bell rings, putting them on the path to success.